The Attendance Works Student Data Grids are designed to enable district staff to quickly assemble and configure the necessary data for the School Attendance Tracking Tool template.
Administrators can send the data to those needing it, they can easily format it for the template, following these directions.
What You’ll Need
Access to School Data (SDS) Student Data Grids
- If you do not have access contact your Homeroom Data Administrator
Configured Student Data Grids:
School Attendance Tracking Tool - HS & MS
School Attendance Tracking Tool – ES
- If you do not have these data grids available under ‘My Student Data Grids’ contact your Homeroom Data Administrator, or set them up using the Attendance Works Build Student Data Grid Reference Guide.
Sending Student Data Grid
From Homeroom, click on the grid in the top right corner of the screen and click the Student Data Grids icon.
- Click My Student Data Grids
- Click the edit button for ‘School Attendance Tracking Tool - HS & MS’
- Click ‘Reports’
- Click Select Student Group
- Click Shared Groups
- Click School Specific
- Click the plus button next to the group from the school needed e.g. ‘Student Attending East Valley Central (2016/17)’’
- Type in a File Name e.g. ‘School Attendance Tracking Tool - MS 2016121’
- Click Send Spreadsheet Report
Download Data Grid
Find email from ‘Your Data Team’ with a subject of ‘Your Student Data is Ready!’
- Click the big green button
You may need to authenticate per FERPA with your SDS (Homeroom) username and password.
Your Student Data Grid will begin downloading.
Navigate to your default download location on your device and open the xls file.
Format the data for Attendance Works
Current Grade Level (column D) - highlight all data in this column >> from the warning selections, choose 'Convert to Number'
Zip Code (Column G) - same process as for Current Grade Level; highlight all data in this column >> from the warning selections, choose 'Convert to Number'
Total Days Present (column M or L for MS-HS ) - copy all numbers in the column and paste special >> pick VALU >> ok (this will remove the function and put the ‘value’ of the function in that column).
Total days absent (column N or M for MS-HS) - Copy numbers in column N to column M.
Insert Data Into Attendance Works Template
Copy all data rows (starting at row 3) from Student Data Grid into ‘Attendance Works School Attendance Tracking Tool - MS’
Attendance Works Risk Indicators
For information on building Risk Indicators with Attendance Works risk thresholds read this article.