This release of Homeroom brings with it a number of minor improvements and two powerful new widgets: Data Extracts Manager and Student Learning Plan Manager!
Data Extracts Manager
This brand new widget (which has been in the works for quite some time) is a major upgrade to the way Homeroom administrators and educators can access, store, and view student data. Put simply, the folks in your district who need to view data in all kinds of different ways are going to love this widget! With Data Extracts Manager, we have replaced the Charts Builder widget and the Charts and Graphs Widget and significantly extended their original capabilities. As you save Data Extracts, these flexible bundles of data become like containers for many different views into the same data. They can still include charts of course, but they might also include CSV downloads, XLS spreadsheet downloads, and HTML reports. You can also save Snapshots of your data at any point in time -- preserving the way that data looked right then. These Snapshots will become invaluable for showing progress and for analyzing data that changes over time.
We're just getting started imagining how these might be used, so we welcome your feedback on this amazingly powerful new tool.
Student Learning Plan Manager
This new widget enables administrators and teachers to work with Student Learning Plans in relationship to whole Student Groups, not just individuals. Educators can create an SLP Template and then assign it to an entire group all at once. They can also choose a choose a Student Group and choose to generate a printable PDF containing all of the existing SLP's for that group. This has been a much-requested feature, and should be a huge time-saver, so we're excited to turn it on!
Lookup Widget — Filter by Type
We have added the ability to filter your search results by type. This should come in very handy, especially in very large districts with many thousands of people, classes, buildings, and other entities.
Scope Selector in Assessments Chooser
We have added the ability to quickly search for Assessments based on scope. Every Assessment Test is now assigned to one of the following "scopes": State, District, School, Class. This should making finding the right Assessment much easier.
- Teachers can now be hidden in School View mode
- Updated Advanced Ordering and FIltering so that the button text "All Standards Met Levels" is now "Toggle Stadards Met Levels"
- The downloaded file for assessment sets sometimes contained no data
- Data of student groups from prior year's sometimes did not display properly in District View and School View modes
- Visual updates to make more consistent and nice looking.
- The Graduation Year field was sometimes empty
- The widget is now only shown to users whose schools teach 9-12 grades
Visual updates to make more consistent and nice looking.
Charts Viewer Widget
Some empty columns were appearing in the Math Longitudinal Chart
- A student's data wasn't being displayed. Fixed.
- Assignment scores now support decimals
SLPs from prior years can now be printed.
Family info is now shown.