First, and most exciting: the Student Groups Widget has been completely re-imagined. This feature has been in development for months and now gives you unprecedented control over the creation of smart student groups. You can now search for students based on a huge variety of criteria in any of the following filter groups:
- Grades & Credits
- Student Name (and range)
As before, these filters can be edited and quickly saved to create Smart Student Groups. These smart groups update dynamically nightly and always contain students who match your criteria. In addition to creating smart groups based on criteria, you can now easily create static groups of students, on the fly. Use the search tools to find students, and then open up the new Preview Panel. From here, you are able to collect individual students into a temporary Queue. The queue remains persistent as you search, so you can collect a few, add a few more filters, add a few more kids to the queue, and so on. Then save your queue as a Static Student Group containing just those hand-picked students. This list does not update nightly and only ever contains those students you added to it manually.
In the Assessments Widget, Item Analysis data can now be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet. Inside the various bar-chart views we now include QuickProfile links next to each School and Teacher. And we have added QuickProfile links for all lists of students as well.
The Charts Viewer Widget has been redesigned and refined and is now displaying a vast assortment of data for Beta users. Some data still needs validation, so please report any issues you discover.
The Gradebook Viewer Widget has been updated to now no longer allow for a date-range selection. Since the Gradebook Viewer is used for looking at existing grades, we have removed the "forward-looking" date-range selector altogether. And to make working with the available data more flexible, we have added an "Assigned" checkbox to the content area header. Thank you for the great suggestions!
The CAA/CIA Widget and the Risk Assessments Widget now exclude un-enrolled students by default. There is now a button in the lower toolbar of this widget to to toggle the visibility of these students.
- Some charts will not display data; chart data should be validated
Improvements still in development
- Honor user-defined heights for widgets.
- On the school aggregates tab, allow for some teachers to be hidden.
- Show every score that a student has on an assessment.
- Add a percentage breakdown chart for assessment sets.
- For large student groups, the item analysis chart can be very wide, and scrolling hides the question info or the learning target info.
Attendance History Widget
- Show the number of absences for the year and for the last two weeks.
- Only show the widget to high school employees.
- Filter-out assessments that have no data for the selected student group.
- Make charts more printer-friendly.
- Allow charts from strand elements.
- For charts showing multiple assessments, display the assessments in the order that they were chosen.
Profile Widget and QuickProfile Popover
- Show parent information.
- Create widget to display usage metrics.
Student Assessment Widget
- Show every score if the student took an assessment multiple times.
Student Learning Plan Widget
- Let communication entries be edited.
- Lock records so that only one person can edit them at a time.
- Give a helpful message to users who login but don’t have any roles assigned to them.