[Updated: 2/10/15, dmr]
The Tasks menu option is split into two sides:
- LEFT side: the Task List is ordered by Due Date. Click to highlight one and the information displays on right in the Task View panel
- RIGHT side: the Task View panel displays all options for the currently highlight Task from the Task List on the left.
- Data added here is viewable by either the Evlauator or Evaluatee, but district setup determines who can edit.
Most of the Task List and Task View are district defined. Many of the options listed in this article are *potential* options that a Task could have.
View Historical Data
- Click the drop down arrow located to the right of View Historical Data.
- Select the historical data (year) desired.
By clicking the printer icon at the top of the application, the Task View panel on the right will be printed for the Task highlighted.
Sample print view:
The Task List contains all of the tasks for the Evaluatee and their Position Level assigned.
The Tasks, Due Dates, and options on the tasks are determined by the District and can vary from Position Level (ie Teacher-Focus Year 1, Teacher-Comprehensive, etc).
The list displays the task's name, due date, and any meeting information (if the task has a meeting that has been scheduled).
|Task is Required|
|Task Due Date has Passed|
|Task is marked Complete|
|Due Date has not passed and task hasn't been marked complete|
Each task could potentially have a note box for either the Evaluator Notes and the Evaluatee Notes (whomever that can edit the task)
Optionally, each task could potentially also have other note boxes created by the district to meet Q&A needs. These will be listed under the Additional Data area and each are provided their own note box.
Some may even be required, denoted by the required icon, and until text is entered and saved in required note boxes the Mark Complete button will not be selectable. These note boxes are shared by both the Evaluatee and Evaluator, if the task is editable by both.
Remember to Save your notes as you go. If you are working in a note area and need to exit for some reason without saving your most recent work, select Cancel.
If you do not save your work and attempt to exit the note you will receive the following warning:
Meetings are scheduled by entering a date, time, and location. Either the Evaluatee or the Evaluator can schedule a meeting.
To schedule a meeting
Go to the task list.
- Select a task needed a meeting.
Click the date field and select a date.
Click the time field and select a time.
Click the location field and enter a location.
Uploading a File
Different tasks, depending on your district settings, allow files to be uploaded. Types of files include PDFs, spreadsheets, documents, videos, and pictures. File must be smaller than 15 mb to be accepted.
To upload a file:
Click the Upload File(s) button.
- Click Choose File button and browse to the file saved on your computer's file folders.
- Optionally, give the file a short label that is different then the file name.
- Optionally, choose the + add file button to upload more then one file at the same time.
- Select the Upload button.
Uploaded files are listed as links below the Notes field; when clicked the file will open in a new window. (see photo below) Once uploaded, you can add notes for the uploaded file as well as associate criteria as evidence and doing so will display them next to the criterion on the Summary.
Select the Associate to Criteria button to select one or more criterion from the drop down list. See our Adding Evidence article for more detail information.
Deleting a Task
Tasks can also be deleted in the Task view, but only tasks that are NOT required.
To delete a task:
- Select the task from the Task List.
- Choose the Delete button.
Marking a Task Complete
Some tasks can only be marked completed by the evaluatee, others can only be completed by the evaluator, and some can be completed by either the evaluatee or the evaluator. All of these designations are specific to your district.
Marking a task complete:
- Select the task from the Task List.
- On the Task View panel, choose the Mark Complete button.
- Button name changes to Completed. Name of the person who completed the task and completion date is displayed, and the task is made 'READ ONLY'.
- An email will be sent to the opposite (either Evaluator or Evaluatee) of who marked it complete. (Sample below)
When tasks are created a date is set called the "Earliest Allowable Completion Date." If the Mark Complete button is clicked before this date, an alert is displayed.
Editing a Completed Task
Since when a task is complete it is made 'read only', it has to be 'uncompleted' to be edited.
- Click the Completed button
- A pop-up will appear, click the Yes, Mark Incomplete
- Once you have made the necessary edits to the task, click the Mark Complete button to mark the task completed. Another email is sent and the date will be updated to the current date of completion.
Potential Differences in Task Names
If the position level has been changed for the Evaluatee, for example from a "Teacher - 1 Year Exp" to "Teacher - 2+ Years Exp", all the prior position level tasks which have edited will bare the name of the 'old' position level.
Tasks carried over from the 'old' position level, name in parenthesis next to the task name is the 'old' position level name.
Tasks that were not carried over by the 'old' position level do not display the position level name.
Importing Task Information
Optionally, task Information can be imported from other tasks.
One of the uses can be because of a position level change: moving data from the 'old' position level task to the 'new' position level task. Another use, an Evaluatee starting a new year's Self Assessment by using last year's Self Assessment selections and notes.
WARNING: Any data that exists on the currently selected task will be overwritten with the newly imported data. There is no undo.
To import Task Information from another task:
1. Click 'Import Task Info'
2. Click the task to be imported to the current task (this will also include previous year's tasks)
3. A warning appears, if you are sure you want to replace the data from the current task with the selected task, then click 'Copy Data'.
Adding a Task
When an Evaluatee is setup for the school year they are given a pre-defined set of tasks based on the Position Level they are given. After that Evaluators or Evaluatees can add, if desired, additional tasks.
Adding a task to the list:
- Select the + Add Task button.
- Choose from the district-defined task template list
- Enter the Earliest Allowable Completion Date.
- This date determines the soonest it can be marked that it can be completed
- This date is used to determine the order of tasks on the task list and flags the Evaluator/Evaluatee that the date has passed.
- If marked required, the task can NOT be deleted and a warning message reminds the user.
Searching and changing the view of the task list
Filter tasks by entering part of the name in the text box.
Check the boxes to find and change the view of tasks on the task list.
Creating a Task Template
Task Templates may be created on the fly but only by Evaluators. Start by selecting the Add Task button and then choose + New Task Template. Give the new template a name, choose a sharing option, and select the other options listed. Click Add Task and the task will be available in the Choose Task Template drop down for all users.