Extract data from: https://secure.vport.voyagerlearning.com/vip/logon.do
- Once logged in, select track DIBELS Next.
- Then click Scores, using the export scores selector; choose from drop-down the grade level and time period.
- Click export to Excel.
- Review Student IDs for ID type and accuracy. Resolve ID issues if needed.
- Using the blank SchoolData.net DIBELS auto loader template (available for download at the bottom of this article), create a new csv file.
BOY =Beginning of Year, also called Fall, or Benchmark 1
MOY = Middle of Year, also called Winter, or Benchmark 2
EOY = End of year, also called Spring, or Benchmark 3
Open the District’s score file from the DIBELS VPort repository
From the DIBELS score file, copy the following columns to the auto loader csv file:
Student Name copy to > Col B Student Last name (the first & last name will both be in this column which is fine.)
Student ID copy to > Col D Student ID
Type the 4 digit school year in the appropriate Grade level column. Example, if Grade 1, 2014-15 school year, type 2014 in Column F, Year_1st
Although it’s not required, we recommend that you delete the columns that are not needed from the template spreadsheet. This will make the transfer of the data from the District’s score file to the autoloader template columns much quicker and will decrease the risk of pasting data into the wrong columns.
- Delete the unused school year columns
- Delete the School and Class columns
- Retain the score columns pertaining only to the current test administration. Delete all of the rest. If you are preparing fall data, then retain all of the columns whose headers include ‘Beginning’.
You may use the same spreadsheet for all grade levels. But if you find it easier, you may create a separate .csv file for each grade level.
Heading names will differ in some cases, between the SDS template and the VPORT score file. Using the ‘Header Names’ table provided below for reference, carefully copy and paste the data from the score columns from the DIBELS file to the auto load csv template. Copy only the columns of data that are color-coded. Ignore those with no color, as no test definition exists for those in the system for the grade level you are currently working on.
Once all data has been copied to the auto loader template, save as .csv and name the file by school year, grade level(s), and administration term. Proceed with loading the score files using the DIBELS Auto Loader in Homeroom Data Admin.
Heading Names VPORT – SDS Template reference table:
SchoolData.net Autoload Header Names* DIBELS Vport Header Names FSF FSF LNF LNF Composite DCS PSF PSF NWF-CLS NWF-CLS NWF-WWR NWF-WWR DORF - WordsCorrect DORF DORF - Accuracy DORF-A or DORF Accuracy DORF - Retell RTF DORF - RetellQuality RTF-Q DAZE-Adjusted Daze *Note: In the SDS template, the header names will also contain grade level and assessment term (Beginning, Middle or End).
- Log into Homeroom Admin
- Select Uploads>Upload Assessment Scores>Automatic Score Loader / Review Uploads
- From the Select Loader drop-down, choose "DIBELS"
- From the Student Identifier drop-down, select the student ID type
- From the Benchmark Goals drop-down, select the goals your district uses
- From the Select Assessment Score File(s) to Upload, navigate to the .csv file you saved in Step 11 and choose the file
- Submit for validation.
- Review validation report and click 'approve' to load the file.